Teng Long Cave is one of the largest caves in China and one of the most popular tourist attractions. In 2006 we installed an extensive multimedia and laser show setup in the 52 km long cave.
We were responsible for the entire project including concept development, supply of the technology for the installation and programming of the show. The multimedia show was divided into different areas within the cave. The show was a timecode-controlled installation solution, including video and show production according to the Chinese storyboard.
- 2 x HB Laser LightCube RGB 5
- 2 x HB-Laser LightCube RGB 2W with grating module
- 2 x HB-Laser PinScan 360° Laser Moving Head for fiber coupling
- 1 x HB Laser LightCube RGB 3W
- 2 x HB Laser TITAN 5 Multimedia Control Station
- 2 x SANYO 10,000 ANSI lumen video projectors
- 16 x 20m HB Laser Poseidon water screens
- 20 x 1200W City Beam Light Fixtures
- 8-channel 10kW PR sound system, bespoke, with 30 speakers
- 2 x DVD players
- 24 track HD player
- Air conditioning and ventilation technology for all laser and video projection systems
- IP65 waterproof housing for any laser device, video and electronic system
One challenge of the project was the electrical infrastructure, which was inadequate, and there was also very high humidity and low temperatures in the cave. Numerous adjustments and preparations were therefore necessary in order to be able to successfully implement the multimedia project. Special laser, sound, video and light systems were developed for the humid environment. The project could thus be handed over to the customer as a turnkey project with tailor-made IP solutions.